We yet again had a wonderful Christmas party: the children started gathering way ahead of schedule so were shepherded out the gate by the ever watchful Bonginkosi until it was time to start.
We were able to provide the following by some very generous donations, and my thanks go to:
- Carol Bailing and her mother for donating all the large, free-range chicken portions
- Merrivale Spar for the rolls
- Manny for the cabbage and carrots for the potato salad
- Orange Grove Dairy for the juices
- Hannetjie for icing the cakes
- Sr Barbara from St Teresa’s, Rosebank, for the mangoes
- Shuaib Moosa of Willowton Oil for donating hundreds of soaps, 4 per child and then some
- Pam Paul and Fiona Bull for hundreds of delightful crackers made by the Howick Primary children.
We had a feast, and each child got a hamper of treats to take home, stationery sweets soap crackers, toys.
It was great!
My thanks to the Mamas for their help but especially for making the salad and cooking the chicken.